EACCME (European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education)
The Symposium & 56th Inner Ear Biology Workshop - IEB 2019, Padua, Italy, 07/09/2019 - 10/09/2019 ha been accredited by the European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (EACCME®) with 20 European CME credits (ECMEC®s) >>> further details
7 September 2019
Aula Magna of Palazzo Bo
University of Padova
Via 8 Febbraio, 2 - Padova
The Secretariat at Palazzo Bo will open at 13.30
Symposium sessions: from 14.30 to 19.00
Opening Ceremony at 19.00, it will be followed
by a Welcome Reception at the nearby Palazzo
della Ragione (external arcade).
8-10 September 2019
Fiera di Padova - Padiglione n. 11 (Hall n. 11)
Via N. Tommaseo 59
35131 Padova - ITALY
Secretariat opening times at the Fiera di Padova:
Sat 7 Sep. : from 10.00 to 12.00
Sun 8 Sep: from 07.30 to 20.00
Mon 9 Sep.: from 07.30 to 14.00
Tue 10 Sep: from 07.30 to 14.00
The workshop venue at Fiera di Padova will be PADIGLIONE 11 (HALL n.11)
The access to Hall n.11 will be through "GATE T" located in Via Tommaseo, with the following schedule:
Sunday 8 September 07.30 to 20.30 hrs
Monday 9 September 08.30 to 14.00 hrs
Tuesday 10 September 08.30 to 14.00 hrs
FREE PARKING LOTS will be available for workshop participants in the areas between PADIGLIONE 11 and 14 (HALL 11 and 14) and in front of PADIGLIONE 5 (HALL n. 5) as shown in the map below.
WIFI ACCESS CODES
HOW TO GET TO PADOVA
Three international airports are conveniently located nearby; Venice is the closest and the one with the best connections; other options include Treviso and Verona.
Venezia “Marco Polo” airport (VCE), 50 km; several destinations throughout Europe. Padua can be reached from Venice Airport:
- by individual taxi - the ride from Venice to Padua with an individual taxi costs about 100 euros.
- by collective taxi - surely the most convenient means of transportation considering cost and overall comfort. The service (Venice Airport to Padua) is run by private companies (e.g. Airservice and Landomas) at an average cost of 35 Euros per person (one-way fare). The ride lasts about 45 minutes and takes travellers directly to their hotel in Padua. Service to be booked in advance.
Contacts: http://www.airserviceshuttle.it E-mail: email@example.com
http://www.landomas.it E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- by bus - the bus service is run by SITA; it departs from Venice Airport and arrives at Padua bus station, next to the train station. The journey takes an hour and ten minutes, and the frequency of buses varies from half-hourly to hourly during the day (the cost of one-way tickets is less than 10 Euros).
Treviso “Antonio Canova” airport (TSF), 45 km, low-cost airport with Ryanair and other carriers; Destinations: Dublin, London, Frankfurt, Bruxelles, Barcelona, Paris. The Treviso Airport - Venice ATVO bus service stops by Mestre station. If you're arriving at Venice Marco Polo Airport, you can catch a bus to Mestre and then take the train to Padua.
Verona “Valerio Catullo” airport (VRN), 88 km, many domestic flights and some international destinations (also low-cost); by train + bus
Other options further afield include:
- Brescia Gabriele D'Annunzio (VBS), 130 km
- Bergamo Orio al Serio (BGA), 190 km, many low-cost flights
- Bologna Guglielmo Marconi (BLQ), 120 km
Padua is at a key point on the Torino-Trieste and Venice-Rome rail routes and is consequently well served by the rail network. It is about two hours from Milan, 1 hour from Bologna and 30 minutes from Venice and Verona. All the trains to and from Milan or Rome stop in Padua. In front of Padua train station the APS city buses provide the urban connection service. Tickets are to be bought in advance at the APS booth.
- From Venice Airport or the North of Italy: take the "A4 Milano-Venezia"motorway, get out at the exit "Padova Est"(Padua, Eastern exit), then follow the indications for the centre of Padua. Padua is linked by motorways with Venezia, Milan and Bologna.
- From the South of Italy: take the "A13 Bologna-Padova" motorway, get past the exit “Padova Zona Industriale” (Padua, Industrial Area), where the A13 motorway branches off into the A4 - direction: Milan. Just 500 mt. after the junction, exit at "Padova Est" and follow the indications for the centre of Padua.
HOW TO REACH THE CONFERENCE VENUE
The main site of IEB2019 is Padova Fiere, the main exhibition centre of the city. "PadovaFiere" is easily reached:
- From Venice – Milan: A4 Motorway (“Venezia – Milano”), exit at East Padua (“Padova Est”); then follow directions to “Fiera“.
- From the Bologna – Padua: A13 Motorway (“Bologna – Padova”), exit at South Padua (“Padova Sud”): then follow directions to “Fiera“.
Once you have reached "PadovaFiere", 4 convenient car parks are available with 2.150 parking spaces. The most convenient car park, while space is available, is Park Nord, with the entrance from doors E and L.
Useful link: www.autostrade.it
"PadovaFiere" can be reached with the Lines #5, #7 and #18 of the Padua city buses. The detailed map of Padua with the routes followed by the city buses can_be_downloaded_here (13 Mb)
As an alternative, a simpler interactive map showing the routes followed of the various city buses of Padua can be found following this link.
From the Padua Railway Station, "PadovaFiere" is just 500 m away, to the left, with the station behind you. The easiest entrance for those arriving by train and on foot is Hall 11 of "PadovaFiere".
Useful link: www.trenitalia.com/tcom-en
SOCIAL EVENT: EXCURSION TO Venice Lagoon
Monday 9 September afternoon
After the first two days of lectures, use this afternoon’s break to join us for a unique excursion to Venice!
Meet your colleagues and socialize with other congress participants while enjoying the magical atmosphere of the Venetian lagoon, a territory of water and land which would be largely inaccessible without a boat. Drinks and dinner with typical local food will be served on board while cruising.
Participant will depart at 13.30 from the conference venue (PadovaFiere) by GT coach to reach
On the way back from Torcello to St. Mark’s square, a typical Venetian dinner will be served on board. After some free time at St. Mark’s square, return by boat to Fusina terminal and then by GT coach to reach Padova around midnight.
Rate per person: 50 eur
The rate includes: GT coach, entrance to Torcello cathedral, visit to Murano glass factory, cruise with dinner, English-speaking guide and taxes. Dress code: informal